Create Gmail Email account backup fast and easy with www.Gmail.com backup guide: Backing up your Gmail account ensures that you don’t lose any important information and if anything goes wrong – for example, emails get accidently lost or deleted, or your account gets hacked – you are able to restore your account to a previous backup. Just follow our simple guide to learn how to easily backup Gmail account.
To back up our Gmail account we are going to be using another free email service, Outlook, and importing our email from Gmail to Outlook with the IMAP format.
How To Create Gmail Email Account Backup
Create An Outlook Account
If you don’t have an Outlook account already, the first step is to create one.
1. Go to www.outlook.com and click ‘Create One’.
2. Fill in your personal details and click ‘Create account’.
Preparing Your Gmail Account For Backup
Next, you need to prepare your Gmail account for backup to your Outlook account.
1. Login to your Gmail account.
2. Go to Settings – click the small gear icon on the top right-hand side of the screen, and then scroll down to ‘Settings’.
3. Under Settings, click ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’.
4. Select ‘Enable IMAP’ and ‘Save Changes’.
5. Click on Configuration Instructions. This action will then open a new window which will give you the information needed later for our Outlook account. KEEP THIS WINDOW OPEN.
Connect Your Gmail Account To Outlook
Now you have an Outlook account set up and your Gmail account prepared, it’s time to connect your Gmail account to your Outlook.
1. Go back to your Outlook account.
2. Click the icon that looks similarly like a gear at the top right-hand side of on your Outlook inbox, and then select ‘Options’.
3. Once you are in the ‘Options’ screen, go to the left-hand side of the screen and click on ‘Accounts’ and ‘Connected Accounts’.
4. To add an account, click Gmail under ‘Add a connected account’.
5. You will be asked for the address of the Gmail account you wish to connect, as well as your Gmail password. Alternatively, if you’re already signed into your Gmail account in the same browser, Outlook will ask permission to gain access to Gmail.
6. Once you have filled in your Gmail address and password, click OK.
7. Next, you will be asked about your Connection Type. When you prepared your Gmail account earlier, we selected the IMAP option. Select IMAP as your Connection Type here in Outlook and click OK.
8. Now you will need to enter the information about your IMAP connection. Type in your display name (the name on your Gmail account) and your Gmail address. The ‘User name’ option is also your Gmail address. Finally, input your Gmail account password.
9. Next, you need to input the server information. You will now need to refer back to the Configuration Settings for your Gmail account in the window you kept open earlier.
10. Input the information from the Configuration Settings from Gmail into the Server Information fields in your Outlook account.
11. Click OK.
12. Outlook should now confirm that your Gmail account is connected to Outlook and the process to backup your data will begin. Depending on how large your Gmail account is the process may take a few minutes.
13. When you go back to your Outlook inbox, you should now see that Gmail has been backed up.
Emails in your Gmail account will now be backed up in your Outlook account. To check if it is up to date, just visit the options window in Outlook, click ‘Accounts’ on the left-hand side menu and then ‘Connected accounts’. Here you should be able to see the status as ‘Up to date’.
That is our complete Gmail backup guide where you can backup Gmail account to your Outlook email.
Create Gmail Email Account Backup
Backup Gmail Account
In this post, we will be discussing how to backup Gmail email account by connecting your Outlook email.